|Posted by Master Gary Tong on October 11, 2014 at 6:15 AM|
Why Learn Tae Kwon Do
Why Learn Tae Kwon Do?
For Self-defense: One never knows when he or she may be attacked. Since we normally do not carry side arms, a most effective way to defend ourselves and our loved ones is "empty hand fighting" and Tae Kwon Do reveals the ancient secrets. Knowledge of these secrets can be life savings in times of danger.
For Health: Tae Kwon Do is far more than just defensive methods. It is a superb means of mental and physical development. Tae Kwon Do practitioners are noted for their excellent health gained from the discipline and patience required by the art.
For Self Confidence and Poise: Tae Kwon Do first and foremost requires that all students be polite and respectful and never use their knowledge for frivolous purposes or wanton harm. Yet a true student is able to dispel fear.
What can be achieved through Tae Kwon Do training? The student of Tae Kwon Do develops an unbeatable self-defense through rigid training and professional supervised instruction. In addition Tae Kwon Do builds dynamic tension and makes balanced use of a large number of body muscles. It provides excellent all around exercise and develops coordination and agility. Tae Kwon Do trains students in character, sincerity, effort, etiquette and self-control.
Who may learn Tae Kwon Do? Classes are open to men, women and children as Tae Kwon Do is one of the only true family sports. All can learn and participate together. The degree of progress for any student is based on the individual coordination and attentiveness. Physical fitness is essential for a happy, productive life, and invariably, people who are capable of defending themselves are less troublesome and better citizens.
Advantages & Benefits of Learning/Practice Taekwondo
• Practical and effective self-defense
• Improved body flexibility and posture
• Improved muscle coordination and balance
• Improved mental and physical stamina
• Improved Figure and weight control
• Improved self-confidence & concentration
• Reduced stress, anxiety and tension
• Elevated consciousness toward a self-will to reduce any bad habits
• A sense of personal accomplishment and aspirations.
• Improved discipline and focus
• Development of inter-personal skills
• Improved Muscle and body toning
• Emphasis on respect for oneself and others especially the elders & senior.
• Strengthening of self-confidence and
discipline to stand against peer pressure • Form long lasting friendships & relationships.